Personally Handling Cases to Fight for Clients' Rights
Domestic Violence, Criminal Contempt & Aggravated Harassment Defense
Mineola | Hempstead | Central Islip | Riverhead
Queens County | Nassau County | Suffolk County
Our Office is located in the heart of Mineola, directly across the street from the Nassau County Courts. Convenient location to all Courts, highways and railroads, Contact us for a free consultation.
Attorney David W. Haber has more than a decade of experience as a criminal law attorney, and is also a former felony prosecutor for Nassau County — experience he utilizes to bring you a strong, aggressive defense against New York domestic violence and criminal contempt charges.
From our office in Mineola, we zealously guard the rights and freedom of individuals charged with a domestic violence crime throughout Nassau County (including Hempstead and Mineola), Suffolk County (including Central Islip, Riverhead and Hauppauge), as well as the five boroughs of New York (Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island, NY).
For additional information about the benefits of retaining New York criminal defense attorney David W. Haber, please visit Our Qualities and Qualifications page.
To discuss your criminal contempt matter or New York domestic violence charges with an experienced criminal defense lawyer and former Nassau County assistant district attorney, please call David W. Haber at 516-873-1008 for a free, confidential, initial consultation.
Experienced New York Domestic Violence Defense Attorney
We have extensive experience defending against domestic violence and aggravated harassment charges, as well as charges of criminal contempt. We fully understand the severity and repercussions of a domestic violence conviction, as well as the manner in which some spouses use domestic violence charges when involved in a divorce or child custody dispute.
At our law firm, we have the resources to defend you against criminal domestic violence charges, as well as to represent you in family court or with your divorce.
There are several types of domestic violence or abuse charges, including:
- Domestic violence caused by physical abuse
- Domestic violence caused by sexual abuse
- Domestic violence caused by psychological abuse
- Domestic violence caused by the endangerment of a child
Depending on the extent of a victim’s injuries and a suspect’s prior convictions for domestic violence or abuse, the charges can range from misdemeanor charges to felony charges.
We vigorously fight all domestic violence and spousal abuse charges, including assaults, stalking, child endangerment and multiple offenders. Serious charges require serious legal representation. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer today.
Experienced New York Aggravated Harassment Defense Attorney
We have extensive experience defending against harassment and aggravated harassment charges, including:
- Aggravated harassment in the first degree (a Class E felony)
- Aggravated harassment in the second degree (a Class A misdemeanor)
Experienced New York Criminal Contempt Defense Attorney
Criminal contempt charges typically emerge from the violation of a court order. A person can be charged with criminal contempt in the first degree (a Class E felony) for violating an Order of Protection. Orders of Protection either direct a person to stay away from another individual and have absolutely no contact with them (known as a stay away order of protection), or, the other kind is a Do Not Harass or Refrain from Harassment Order of Protection, which will allow contact between the parties, but intends to keep people from harassing each other or committing any act which is otherwise illegal. The following can constitute a violation of an Order of Protection:
- Placing the protected person in reasonable fear of physical injury or death by displaying a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument
- Placing the protected person in reasonable fear of physical injury or death by repeatedly following a person or engaging in a repeated course of conduct
- Placing the protected person in reasonable fear of physical injury or death through all forms of communication, including threatening or harassing e-mail, phone calls, mail, or other forms of written or electronic communication
- Intending to harass, annoy, threaten or alarm the protected person through repeated phone calls, whether or not conversation ensues, where calls are made for no legitimate purpose
- Intending to harass, annoy, threaten or alarm the protected person through physical contactor attempts at physical contact
- Physically placing or attempting to place the protected person in fear of injury or death
Other forms of criminal contempt include:
- Aggravated harassment
- Disrupting a court proceeding
- Violating child support payment orders
- Violating other court orders
Domestic violence, aggravated harassment and criminal contempt charges can adversely impact your future, your freedom and your reputation. You should immediately retain the services of a skilled criminal defense attorney who has experience with domestic violence-related crimes.
The Law Offices of David W. Haber
The Law Offices of David W. Haber represents clients throughout Long Island, New York, and the surrounding communities, including Long Island, Nassau, Hempstead, Mineola and Garden City, and in the following counties: Nassau County, Suffolk County (Central Islip, Riverhead, Hauppauge – Suffolk County Court Locations) and Queens County, NY.
Contact Skilled New York Domestic Violence Defense Attorney David Haber
Free initial consutlation
For additional information about New York domestic violence laws, including aggravated harassment, and the criminal law process, or to discuss your criminal contempt charges with experienced MIneola, New York, criminal defense lawyer and former Nassau County prosecuting attorney David Haber, please schedule a free confidential consultation.
Call us at 516-873-1008. Or if you prefer, you can contact us online.